- Moderate graded all-day walk – 8 miles
- Depart Tobermory at 10.00 am
- Devastating effects of the Highland Clearances revealed
- Discover a connection with the explorer David Livingstone
- Gaze in awe at the impressive basalt columns
- Search beneath coastal cliffs for rare butterflies and moths
The beautiful Isle of Ulva is situated off the west coast of Mull and is reached by a small passenger ferry, as no vehicles are allowed onto the island. Owned today by the local community, Ulva is the former home of 600 people, who made their living from the collection and exportation of kelp. Today there are only a few residents who share their island with Golden and White-tailed Eagles, Buzzards, Red Deer, otters, seals and rare butterflies and moths. Ulva is home to a colony of the Slender Scotch Burnet moths.
The cost is £80.00 per person including:-
- Door to door service from Tobermory and Salen
- Return ferry fare to Ulva
- The services of a local Wildlife Walking Guide
- Loan of binoculars if required
- The renowned Mull Magic packed lunch
- Tea and cakes in Ulva Boathouse Restaurant after the walk
Booking is essential. Please contact Mull Magic to make a reservation.