- Easy graded wildlife walk, 3 miles maximum, but uneven terrain along rocky shoreline
- Enjoy the peace and tranquility of the marine environment of Mull’s best loved mammal
- Discover the secrets of the island’s otter population
- Find out why Mull is so special for these creatures
- Search for tracks and signs of this elusive and iconic animal
- Learn when and where to look for Eurasian otters
- Encounter other sea and shore wildlife that share the otter’s water world
Although the Isle of Mull has a healthy population of otters, they can sometimes be both elusive and frustrating. As a result, sightings can never be guaranteed. However, this tour takes us into the territories of several of these enchanting animals and offers an exciting opportunity to look for, and learn about the Eurasian otter. The welfare of the otter always comes first and we search for these mammals in a responsible manner, which promotes the welfare of Mull’s wildlife amid beautiful coastal surroundings.
The Otter Detective Walk is tide determined and weather-related, so you will be advised of the tour timings when booking. Please note that this tour offers a unique and personal wildlife experience and is restricted to 6 people, therefore early booking is advisable.
The cost is £60.00 per person including:-
- Door to door service from Tobermory and Salen
- Collection from the ferry terminals at Craignure and Fishnish available
- The services of a local Wildlife Walking Guide
- The renowned Mull Magic lunch
- A telescope to maximise chances of a close-up view of these beautiful mammals
- Loan of binoculars available
- Tea and homemade scones after the walk
Booking is essential so please contact Mull Magic to make a reservation.