- Easy graded Wildlife Tour
- Every Sunday from late April through to early July
- Depart Tobermory at 09.00 am for the stunning journey to Fionnphort, where we take the 11.00 am ferry to Iona.
- Ferry collection available
- Search for the elusive and skulking Corncrake, one of Scotland’s rarest Summer migrant birds, that retains a stronghold on the island.
- Unearth the delights of the machair, one of the rarest habitats in Europe and its special bird and plant communities.
As well as searching for the Corncrake, we will discover a landscape moulded by Lewisian Gneiss, the oldest and hardest rock in Europe. We also hope to see a variety of Arctic-bound migratory waders that refuel at The Bay at the Back of the Ocean in Spring.
We walk no longer than 3 miles on flat easy terrain, however stout walking shoes or walking boots are essential.
The cost of the Corncrake Walk is £100.00 per person including:-
- Door to door service. We collect you directly from your accommodation in Tobermory, Salen or Craignure
- Return ferry fare to Iona
- Binoculars and telescope for guest’s use
- The services of a local Wildlife Guide
- The renowned Mull Magic lunch
- Afternoon tea and scones